In individual consulting sessions, we support your research with advice and assistance. Our consulting involves all stages of a research project, including the preparation of grant and research proposals, sampling, data preparation, the selection of appropriate statistical techniques, and the interpretation of results. We also offer support in the selection, construction, and scoring of psychological questionnaires and tests.
- At present, the methodological consulting is limited to members of the Department of Psychology (students, pre- and postdocs, professors).
- Our methodological consulting of students is limited to bachelor and master theses. We do not offer advice for regular course work.
- Students and PhD students need the approval of their supervisor prior to contacting us. We will inform your supervisor about your request.
- There needs to be at least four weeks between the application and the deadline of your research project.
About the Consulting Session
- The consulting service is free of charge.
- A consulting session is limited to a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Each research project is limited to a maximum of two consulting sessions.
- Because of time constraints, it is often not possible to go through programming code (e. g. an R script) in detail or to run a new analysis.
- Our goal is to offer high quality consulting at the state of the art. However, our free consulting comes with absolutely no warranty. We neither guarantee that a solution is always correct, nor that we find a solution. Students should always discuss the content of the consulting sessions with their supervisors.
You can greatly contribute towards a successful consulting session with these simple preparations:
- Our consultants will use the information from your application to prepare for the consulting session. Please describe your research questions, sample, and statistical approaches carefully. Please do not use abbreviations or jargon. Keep in mind that some of our consultants have an academic background outside of psychology.
- Please be as specific as possible when describing your primary research questions (to us) and keep in mind the time limitations of 30 minutes for each consulting session.
- Sometimes a figure is worth a 1000 words. If you would like to illustrate your research design and/or methodological questions, you may attach a PDF file with plots and diagrams (no more than two pages).
Please use the link below to register. We will contact you within seven days.