Overview of the Consulting Process
Client registers for consulting
- Via Beratung or Consulting
- Clients need to be associated with the department of psychology.
- Consulting for bachelor or master students is limited to their thesis.
- The students’ supervisors need to agree and (the first supervisor) gets an automatic mail.
- The requirements are checked before the case is sent around.
Ticketing system is updated
- Link: Cases
- The login information is sent around regularly.
Mail is sent to every member via the mailing list of the method group.
Someone picks the case
- Please update the ticketing system (change status from open to closed and fill in your name; detailed documentation here) or inform the rest of us via mail.
- Schedule a meeting with your client.
If the case is not picked, someone from the inner circle is mailed
- Inner circle: WiMis, Manuel, and Kai.
- The case goes to the person who has not consulted for the longest time.
- The fit between case and consultant is also taken into account. Unfortunately, perfect fits are rare.
- A consulting session is limited to a maximum of 30 minutes. Feel free to use more time if you want. We communicate this time constraint to encourage clients to structure their questions and to dampen expectations.
- Each research project is limited to a maximum of two consulting sessions.
- We discourage our clients from discussing code (e.g., R scripts) due to time limits.
- We do not guarantee that a solution is always correct, nor that we find a solution.
- Students should always discuss the content of the consulting sessions with their supervisors.
- Please document your session here.
Points 4, 6, and 7 are to be done by the consultants.